Just convert an entire DVD want to

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Scott1235

Just convert an entire DVD want to

Post by Scott1235 »

Description of problem or question:
This seems like a simple question but I haven't been able to locate an answer. I just want to copy an entire DVD to a hard disk. I want it to play just the same as if I put the disk itself into the drive. I see how I can do this chapter by chapter so I now have many individual MP4 files that must be watched one at a time. Am I missing something? I'd think this is what most people want to do. Some of the DVD's I have are commercial DVD's while others are informational DVD's given for educational purposes and have no protection- but I just want to digitize my collection so they can be easily watched. All have the typical initial menu from which watching the movie or specific chapters happens. Is there a way to do this so the file on my drive works the same as the disk when it's inserted? Thanks in advance and I'm sorry if this seems like a silly question.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
Mac 10.14.3

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

HandBrake Activity Log for Session: 2019-04-13T12:32:39Z
Handbrake Version: 1.2.2 (2019022300)
[08:32:39] macgui: Handbrake Version: 1.2.2  (2019022300)
[08:32:39] hb_init: starting libhb thread
[08:32:39] hb_init: starting libhb thread
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Just convert an entire DVD want to

Post by Woodstock »

Handbrake does not create ISO files, and it does not remove encryption.

There are a lot of tools out there that do create ISO files, though.