Cropping Batch Files in Handbrake

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
buddyboy101

Cropping Batch Files in Handbrake

Post by buddyboy101 »

Description of problem or question:

I've saved a bunch of Netflix movies using PlayOn (to 720p), and I'm interested in converting them in Handbrake to reduce their file size. Because there are many files, I'm interested in batch processing them in Handbrake.

My one concern, though, is how Handbrake will handle cropping the videos when they each fill the screen a little bit differently. I would imagine the "Automatic" cropping setting would get around this, but I'm slightly concerned by the greyed out figures that seem to correspond with the first video in the list (88x88 crop) -- would subsequent videos in the same batch be cropped 88x88, or would Handbrake analyze and customize the crop for each based on their varying screen dimensions/aspect ratios?

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Windows 10

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Last edited by buddyboy101 on Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Cropping Batch Files in Handbrake

Post by mduell »

All depends on what you save in the preset.

If you choose autocrop, each title will be cropped based on what autocrop finds for it.

If you choose manual cropping, the displayed crop values will be applied to all videos.
buddyboy101

Re: Cropping Batch Files in Handbrake

Post by buddyboy101 »

Thanks!!