Handbrake will not launch after upgrading to 1.2.1

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Cougar281

Post by Cougar281 »

Description of problem or question:

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

Launch Handbrake from shortcut

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Windows 7 64-bit

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Unable to load user settings file: C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\HandBrake\settings.json
Unable to load user settings file: C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\HandBrake\settings.json
Your user settings file appears to be inaccessible or corrupted. You may have to delete the file and let HandBrake generate a new one.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at HandBrakeWPF.Services.UserSettingService.<Load>b__13_0(KeyValuePair`2 item) in D:\Development\HandBrake\release\win\CS\HandBrakeWPF\Services\UserSettingService.cs:line 204
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
   at HandBrakeWPF.Services.UserSettingService.Load() in D:\Development\HandBrake\release\win\CS\HandBrakeWPF\Services\UserSettingService.cs:line 204
I have renamed and also deleted the 'settings.json', both times, it is recreated, however, I still get the message.

I'm guessing perhaps the reference to 'D:\Development\HandBrake\release\win\CS\HandBrakeWPF\Services\UserSettingService.cs:line 204' may have something to do with it as such a path does not exist nor ever has on my machine.
Cougar281

Re: Handbrake will not launch after upgrading to 1.2.1

Post by Cougar281 »

Please disregard and remove this thread - I didn't notice that apparently after receiving the error, handbrake actually did open up, but behind every other window. After closing that instance and re-starting again, it launches properly without the error.