Batch Processing Files with 1.2.0 on a new mac... How do you import say 50 files, set them up a preset que them up?

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
drew1house
New User

Batch Processing Files with 1.2.0 on a new mac... How do you import say 50 files, set them up a preset que them up?

Post by drew1house »

With the new versions of Handbrake I cannot figure out how to import many files to batch process. I used to be able to use a tools menu and could pull in an entire folder. How do I do this now?

No Tools Menu, How do I enter a folder as the source for handbrake to draw from or enter all the content of a folder to batch process?

HandBrake version 12.2.0

MAC OS 10.14.2

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** https://we.tl/t-KxlIWMq93U
[/code]
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Batch Processing Files with 1.2.0 on a new mac... How do you import say 50 files, set them up a preset que them up?

Post by mduell »

Set up the preset, including the audio/subtitle defaults you want, save it, then open the folder and encode them all.
widorgel

Re: Batch Processing Files with 1.2.0 on a new mac... How do you import say 50 files, set them up a preset que them up?

Post by widorgel »

I cannot figure this out either, when selecting a folder, only the first file is being processed. The only way I get this done is selecting each file individually, adding it to the queue, and then at the end process the entire queue. Not highly efficient...
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Choose add all titles to queue after selecting the folder.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

When you batch scan a folder, it presents each file as a separate title in the dropdowns. You can then add each one to the queue, or use the bulk add to queue option after selecting an appropriate preset. (Customise the toolbar if the option isn't present)
widorgel

Post by widorgel »

Thanks S55, that was very helpful. From UI perspective this is not very intuitive, but that's something I leave up to you to reconsider. Glad that the functionality is there! I indeed had to add the extra button to the toolbar. A multi-select option in the Finder window would be more intuitive imho.
For the rest: great product. Thanks for making this available.
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Post by Ritsuka »

There in a menu item in the File menu to add all titles to queue.