how to keep dts core of my track dts-hdmaster for example

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
killerpot

how to keep dts core of my track dts-hdmaster for example

Post by killerpot »

Description of problem or question:

question #1 i see a dts on audio choice but my bluray only have dts-hd master it's your programme who offer me the choice to keep dts core? yes or no

question #2 if the sound is dts hd master and i chose it and chose dts passtrough he will keep the dts core? yes or non i dont want rencoded audio!
if yes that work for true hd and ac3 too right?

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: how to keep dts core of my track dts-hdmaster for example

Post by Woodstock »

If you pass through the DTS-HD audio, it will contain the core.

If you rip the Bluray with MakeMKV, it will have the option to produce a separate DTS core track, in addition to the DTS-HD track.
killerpot

Post by killerpot »

ok thx but for question #1 it's your programme how add a dts choice in the audio choice is't over the dts hd master ? because i have one sometime but no dts track on my bluray only dts-hd master.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

DTS-HD contains the core for compatibility; It contains extra information for converting the lossy core to a lossless version. In the case of MakeMKV, it has the option of creating a separate, "core only" track within the MKV file, which you can then "pass through" with handbrake.

I do not believe handbrake has the option of extracting the lossy core from a DTS-HD track, but I'm sure I'll be corrected if that has changed.