Web optimized?

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
DougL

Web optimized?

Post by DougL »

My earlier query was locked, because "With all respect, you seem to have misanalyzed the problem and are rejecting others' astute responses without providing the required log(s), so I'm closing this one.".

I didn't reject anything, and I'm here specifically for astute comments. I'm trying to gain some understanding. In my newbie mind, some of the comments just didn't seem to make sense to me. I'd like help in making sense out of them. I SAID I was going to provide the required logs later in the day. I didn't record them when I saw the problem, so I have to redo the conversion in order to get those logs. That takes time, and I can't just drop everything to do it now.

With all respect, you seem to have misanalyzed the situation here. The forum coordinators here need to chill a bit. If you unlock that original thread, I will post the logs, and we can continue this investigation. If not, I'll take my questions elsewhere.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: Web optimized?

Post by rollin_eng »

Web optimized is not your issue, the issue is that you have changed your source and thus got different outputs.
DougL

Post by DougL »

I figured it out, with the help of someone who warned me about this forum.

I did it again, and got pretty much the same size. So changing the source had nothing to do with it. Sayonara.
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

. You want eight pages of logs posted here? (Four for each conversion.)
Yes. Following the instructions for doing so.
You still have a window of opportunity to post them here, at least until this post gets locked, too.
If you were "warned" that the expectations here are consistent, that would be the correct message.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

So you figured out you changed the settings...
BradleyS

Post by BradleyS »

I'm usually not the one to enforce logs policy in an authoritarian manner, and the first to stick up for individuals being unfairly or rudely treated on the forum.

That said, you've had a week to post them while arguing with people suggesting you do so. Then you told us to chill, asking for leniency because you're going to post logs... all I see is finger pointing with no logs.

I'm really not sure what you're expecting here. Apologies if you feel unfairly treated, but I think it's fair to say you don't seem to understand what you're doing, you've argued with people trying to help you, and ultimately you are occupying the very small group of support people's time.

Here's a fair shake. Logs from different sources or different encode generations of a source are irrelevant, as we mentioned. Post encode logs from the same exact source (same file/disc input) with and without Web Optimized. From there, I and others will gladly take a look.

I look forward to the logs in your next reply. Otherwise, be well and have a good one.