Mac Channel Mapping

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
vajb

Mac Channel Mapping

Post by vajb »

Description of problem or question:

I haven't used handbrake for a while; I remember when I did that in order to get it to produce properly mapped 5.1 videos I would have to manually make those adjustments and remap the channel settings.

With the latest build and using the 1080 30fps preset, would I still have to remap the channels?

Also, will I have to take extra steps in order to get "forced" subtitles on movies, like when someone speaks momentarily in a foreign language?

Thank you!

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Will be ripped and played on Mac Mini 10.14 Mojave--I'm assuming this will have the HP to play these files?
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: Mac Channel Mapping

Post by rollin_eng »

Could you please post your HB logs, instructions can be found here:

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/hel ... y-log.html
vajb

Post by vajb »

I haven't actually done anything yet. I'm trying to figure out if I still need to do the type of corrections referenced here:

https://www.cod3r.com/2008/02/the-corre ... quicktime/

As i said, its been a while since I last used this setup--but seeing how old that link it? I didn't realize it had been THAT long.

I'm kind of thinking it must be fixed since I haven't seen any references to this issue anywhere recently, but I just wanted to check.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

That post seems to be mostly dealing with bugs in Quicktime, not handbrake.

Why not TRY it and see.
vajb

Post by vajb »

Thanks guys...quicktime on Macs is still a little screwed up in a few places, but it seems like that particular bug isn't a problem right now if I rip in handbrake and play through Kodi.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Well if you play through Kodi you bypass QuickTime entirely ;)
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Post by Ritsuka »

QuickTime 7 will be removed in the next macOS release, and Perian has been dead for years. So it's not an issue anymore anyway.