i cannot put forced subtitle as forced the square is in grey

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
killerpot

i cannot put forced subtitle as forced the square is in grey

Post by killerpot »

Description of problem or question:

problem #1 the french subtitle third one suqare for "forced sub" is in grey why? https://i.imgur.com/mG8CTC0.gifv see giff on imgur

question #2 how to passtrough subtitle let them in srt and not being converted in "ass".

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

win 7 64 bits up to date

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: i cannot put forced subtitle as forced the square is in grey

Post by rollin_eng »

Could you please post your HB logs, instructions can be found here:

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/hel ... y-log.html
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

If there are no subtitles in a track that are marked as forced, "forced only" has no effect.

And most text subtitle formats do not use the forced flag.

Are you thinking of the "Default" flag?
killerpot

Post by killerpot »

a ok i understant to put the forced sub as default yes im a dumb ass not thinking of that thx for your anser man!
but for my second question why handbrake reput sub in "ass" and dont have a passtrought option for subtitle?
reason for why i try handbrake:what you mean by default flag i use handbrake instead of ripbot264 because ripbot is the best but for full bluray this [Censored] dont keep the delay on custom mkv bluray remux
we need add french track because they release [Censored] whitout french and someguy like me dont rencode the ac3 ans only put delay.

for the subtitle what is mean by default flags? and why we cannot put forced on any subtitle by the way if i load it in mkv toolnix he put put whatever sub i want as defaut ! and forced sub will be dispaly automaticly in "mpc hc"