Request for enhanced functionality

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
LesJen

Request for enhanced functionality

Post by LesJen »

Description of problem or question:

Save as file name gets reverted if filled in before browsing for folder to save to. I find it natural to write the file name before browsing.

Request a function that can pause encoding when a file is finished. I sometimes need to pause the encoding and with a queue with several files it would be nice to make a "clean" stop but keeping the queue. As of now the only way I can see is to empty the queue where I want to stop.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

If a file name is changed/written before browsing for a destination, the file name will revert back to what was written before the change.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
MacOS 10.13.6

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)
I don't think it's needed for these requests?

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Request for enhanced functionality

Post by Woodstock »

Does the pause button on the queue window not work? It's supposed to pause encoding when the current file finishes.
LesJen

Post by LesJen »

I’ve not tried that! Pause in the main window stops immediately. I’ll test the pause button in the queue window and report back.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

Woodstock wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:31 pm Does the pause button on the queue window not work? It's supposed to pause encoding when the current file finishes.
Actually, I think it's the "Stop" button that gives you this option. At least on the Linux GUI, there is "Finish Current, Then Stop" option when "Stop" is pressed. The pause button has always been for pausing the current running job.
LesJen

Post by LesJen »

You're right! It's all that I want :-) Now that I know it's simple, but it was hard to find.
LesJen

Post by LesJen »

Did anyone see that I wrote this in the beginning of my post?

Save as file name gets reverted if filled in before browsing for folder to save to. I find it natural to write the file name before browsing.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

That would be the automatic file naming functionality being run more than once. It used to happen every time you did anything to change what was being encoded on the Windows GUI (change chapters to encode was where I tripped over it most often). And I know why it was doing it (chapters is one of the available auto naming macros).
LesJen

Post by LesJen »

I'm on a Mac if it's any difference? I've toggled the setting for the automatic file naming. I'll see what happens :-)
BradleyS

Post by BradleyS »

This was recently fixed in the nightly build.