Presets with no effect?

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
hbuser
New User

Presets with no effect?

Post by hbuser »

hello,

actually, i am experimenting with handbrake's presets to keep the filesize down while still maintaining an acceptable quality. i skimmed through a lot of guides and tutorials in the last days, yet i have a couple of questions to it.

my aim was to test several matroska presets (h.264 720p + 480p) and later on to decide, which route to take. but the resulting files are almost identical in size, quality and encoding time? modifying the audio settings from aac cbr 160 to quality levels (vbr?) also was not taken into account. it is always 160cbr files in the end.

am i missing something or why do the different presets + audio settings seem to have no effect at all (version 1.1.0)?
BradleyS

Re: Presets with no effect?

Post by BradleyS »

Please provide an activity log for support.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Please be aware, this forum is not for support or help related to HandBrake. Please keep such discussions to the Community Support forum sections.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

mduell wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:27 pm Please be aware, this forum is not for support or help related to HandBrake. Please keep such discussions to the Community Support forum sections.
I know users who don't read the fine print can be a pain, but seeing this message over, and over, and over again might end up being worse…
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Rodeo wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 6:43 pm
mduell wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:27 pm Please be aware, this forum is not for support or help related to HandBrake. Please keep such discussions to the Community Support forum sections.
I know users who don't read the fine print can be a pain, but seeing this message over, and over, and over again might end up being worse…
It's not like they read either that message or the activity logs message in the support forum.

Need a bot that autoreplies with it, would be right more than it's wrong.