How to add second *.lproj to Mac build?

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

Nomis101

How to add second *.lproj to Mac build?

Post by Nomis101 »

I would like to build a German localized HandBrake for macOS. So, I've cloned the English.lproj, renamed it to German.lproj and translated all xib files (WIP). I've registered the new locale by opening HandBrake.xcodeproj inside Xcode and than drag and dropped the German.lproj folder into the Xcode project.
But, if I build HandBrake, the new lproj folder is not getting touched in any way. It will not get compiled and will not be copied into the HandBrake application. What else do I need to do? I can not find any other file in the code that handles lproj folders. Also, I have seen in the build process it will export LANG=en_US.US-ASCII. But I would like to export LANG=de_DE.UTF-8. How to do so? Thanks!
Nomis101

Re: How to add second *.lproj to Mac build?

Post by Nomis101 »

OK, works now. Just forgotten to check a hidden checkbox. *sigh*
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Post by Ritsuka »

It would be better to wait until we drop 10.7 support and switch to base localization, so you won't have to manually create translated xib files (that will probably break with each small change).
Nomis101

Post by Nomis101 »

Is there any timeframe for this, maybe for 1.2.0? Currently I have my own local HB branch which I have localized. So I can decide which change I want to merge to this branch. Which will avoid breakings, more or less.
By the way, is it allowed to distribute modified (localized) HandBrake builds? I know from my Thunderbird builds, that Mozilla has strict rules for this, like disable official branding and publish the modifications and so on. How does HandBrake handle this? I only found the rule about the FDK AAC encoder. Thanks.