Segfault when loading SRT

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Segfault

Segfault when loading SRT

Post by Segfault »

Is Handbrake supposed to handle SRT in MKV container? When I load an MKV file with SRT muxed into it and choose Passthru first I get a warning "this is not a regular file" and if I proceed with "Start Encoding" Handbrake crashes with segmentation fault.

Running version 1.0.7 64-bit on Gentoo.

It would really be nice to pass the subtitles without having to remux the file with mkvtoolnix.
BradleyS

Re: Segfault when loading SRT

Post by BradleyS »

If you're using the ebuild, it's known broken. Long story about packagers who don't care if software actually works after it's compiled.

Linux build instructions are here, with Gentoo dependencies: https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/1.0.0/deve ... linux.html

Provide an activity log from a supported build and we can help further. ;)
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Ignored the requirements in bold underlined red text on a pink background at the top of the page... remarkable arrogance.
Segfault

Post by Segfault »

Thank you for your responses. Will dig into this when I get a chance.
Segfault

Post by Segfault »

OK, I tried to build it today. It errored out.

Code: Select all

/usr/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/gcc-bin/7.2.0/gcc -std=gnu99 -pipe -fmessage-length=0 -Wall -g0 -O3 -mfpmath=sse -msse2 -DUSE_LIBAV_AAC -D__LIBHB__ -DUSE_PTHREAD -DSYS_LINUX -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSE_X265 -DHAS_STRERROR_R -DARCH_X86_64 -I./libhb/ -I./contrib/include -I/usr/include/libxml2 -c ../libhb/audio_resample.c -o libhb/audio_resample.o
In file included from ../libhb/common.h:14:0,
                 from ../libhb/audio_resample.c:10:
../libhb/hb_dict.h:13:10: fatal error: jansson.h: No such file or directory
 #include <jansson.h>
          ^~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [../libhb/module.rules:12: libhb/audio_resample.o] Error 1
Building on Gentoo 64 bit, sources from git.
BradleyS

Post by BradleyS »

Okay, did you emerge jansson when you installed the other dependencies according to the documentation?
Segfault

Post by Segfault »

Whoops, I think I missed that. I just pulled git and ran configure, it did not complain about anything missing. Then I tried make and saw it downloading bundled stuff. So I figured it won't use anything I already had in system. I see I was wrong ...