Convert DCP to MP4

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

Deleted User 13735

Re: Convert DCP to MP4

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

and why it is not a simple routine for the Libav team to implement it.
Am I naive to think that in the open source world it is normal to share codes?
Yes, on their own authority. That relieves the rest of us of the responsibility for picking their priorities for them, as many hobbyists may tend to presume.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Cantar4 wrote:Now I understand why the HB devs are waiting for lib12 to bring them the needed xyz color space input support
and why it is not a simple routine for the Libav team to implement it.
Am I naive to think that in the open source world it is normal to share codes?
Sharing code may not be as easy as copying and pasting. Also there may simply be a lack of interest among the volunteers.
Deleted User 13735

One thing is certain--no one will ever win their hearts (or their patchcode) at libav by dishing entitlements.
It's said that the people who complain the most are the ones who paid the least...
Cantar4

Post by Cantar4 »

Outch ! Why these flames all of a sudden ?
There was no entitlement at all ; it seems I made an horrible crime of lèse majesté by mentionning the use of an FFmpeg
command line in a Libav world. But pardon me, before reading wikipedia about the March 2011 'War of the Roses' ending
in a forking, I totally ignored the difference between 'libsxscale' by one or the other party.

About the lack of interest among the volunteers ; if I was a native english speaker I would have explained
why the independant filmmakers facing the DCP hegemony over the cinema theaters are knocking
at the door of HandBrake and VLC.
I am not John Florio (alias Shakespeare) but if I can stay on this thread I will (still) try to advocate their case.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

I'd very much like to have some from of DCP support eventually, it may just take quite a while depending on time available and other factors related to motivation, too :)
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Cantar4 wrote:There was no entitlement at all ; it seems I made an horrible crime of lèse majesté by mentionning the use of an FFmpeg
command line in a Libav world.
Mentioning ffmpeg isn't offensive, just irrelevant. If ffmpeg does what you want, by all means use ffmpeg instead of HB.
Cantar4

Post by Cantar4 »

Not at all, I do prefer apps to excutables. and the day HB can convert DCPs to mp4 I am pretty sure it will
correctly transfer the soft subtitles too.
Goodby, we will all be waiting.
Deleted User 13735

Looking over this thread again, I see that everyone forgot to mention that code submissions and patches from individuals are always welcome for consideration.
Cantar4

Post by Cantar4 »

Rodeo wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:35 am I'd very much like to have some form of DCP support eventually
Good news for festival projectionnists and student filmmakers : the latest DCP-o-Matic test version handles the long sought-after DCP to H264 conversion with accurate positionning of the soft subtitles ; it thus allows for high speed verification, and reverse/forward one frame scrub on Quicktime and IINA mp4 players.
--