Add to iTunes option

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

MySchizoBuddy

Add to iTunes option

Post by MySchizoBuddy »

An option to automatically add the output in itunes so i don't have to drag and drop
Movies go into Movies Playlist
TV shows go into TV Shows playlist

Simple :)
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Simple
- Thats easy for you to say :P Your not developing it. I guess someone will attempt to add it at some point
MySchizoBuddy

Post by MySchizoBuddy »

opening the file with .m4v automatically imports it to iTunes
Movies are put in Movies folder and TV Shows are put in iTunes/TVShows folder
PLus TV shows have an Album meta tag, and Movies Don't. I guess thats how it knows if its a movie or TVShow
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

heh, i wouldn't know. I'm a windows developer ya see :P
Things are always 10 times harder than they sound but i don't imagine this request causing much of an issue for the mac devs. I'll prod them about it and see what they say
baggss

Post by baggss »

MySchizoBuddy wrote:opening the file with .m4v automatically imports it to iTunes
Movies are put in Movies folder and TV Shows are put in iTunes/TVShows folder
PLus TV shows have an Album meta tag, and Movies Don't. I guess thats how it knows if its a movie or TVShow
Actually, I t knows it's a Movie or a TV Show based on the Movie, TV Show or Music Video tag field (there are more allowable options, but iTunes only implemented those 3). All of my mp4 output from MF shows up initially as Movies in iTunes until i set the field to TV Show.

Opening an m4v file only imports to iTunes because that is what most of us have allowed iTunes to do. Once can set another app to be the default app for m4v if one desires.

Personally, I'd rather leave the output files separate until I have had a chance to fully and properly tag them and then move the files to their permanent residence (NOT the iTunes Music folder) before adding them to my Library.

At best, this should be a user selectable option if implemented.