"Apply Settings to All Titles in Queue" Popup or Check Box, Please!!!

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

woodr2011

"Apply Settings to All Titles in Queue" Popup or Check Box, Please!!!

Post by woodr2011 »

I find that if I create a preset with th"e desired Picture values (ex: 720*480), HB will only hold those settings for the first title. The others will change to something like 708*390, which leaves me having to change it manually on each title before adding it to the queue. I wish there was either a popup or a box that would allow the user to "Apply Settings to All Titles in the Queue." I would appreciate some support from other users on this issue so that we can get the attention of the developers. Many thanks!!
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: "Apply Settings to All Titles in Queue" Popup or Check Box, Please!!!

Post by s55 »

HandBrake already obeys your chosen picture settings for every item you add to the queue. As long as you save a preset first, those settings will always be honoured. Note, if you've got auto-crop turned on, which it sounds like you do, you may get slightly different output sizes. This is normal.
woodr2011

Post by woodr2011 »

s55 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:37 pm HandBrake already obeys your chosen picture settings for every item you add to the queue. As long as you save a preset first, those settings will always be honoured. Note, if you've got auto-crop turned on, which it sounds like you do, you may get slightly different output sizes. This is normal.
That explains so much, and I appreciate the explanation. I have both Anamorphic and Cropping set to Auto. Would it be better to change those settings in order to preserve the 720*480 resolution and ratio?
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

If you want to include worthless black bars so your video is 720x480, yes, disable autocrop.
woodr2011

Post by woodr2011 »

But those undeniably useless black bars will remain on older 4:3 vids even with autocrop enabled; unless one wants to enter the tedious world of cropping 4:3 vids into 16:9 manually and hoping that individual modern TVs will show it properly. It seems that the universally accepted solution to that issue is to maintain the original aspect ratio as closely as possible and then simply use the zoom function on specific TVs to expand the image to suit the viewer on a case-by-case basis.