Crashing when opening and adding to queue

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
mechk3281

Crashing when opening and adding to queue

Post by mechk3281 »

Please detail your question or problem in as much detail as possible: Handbrake crashes as soon as it opens, and if I hit 'Continue' it will scan, but then crash again once I hit "Add to Queue". I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling but that has not helped.

It states "An internal error has occurred. you can chose to continue in an unstable state, or crash. NSInvalidArgumentException, Reason: NSConcreteAttributedString initWithString:: nil Value, User Info: (null)"

Tell us about your environment. What version of HandBrake? What version of OSX are you running. etc.

I'm running 10.7.5 and have used Handbrake for 1 month now with no problems. It's the newest version 1.0.3 (I have tried going back to 1.0 to see if that would resolve the issue, but it didn't).

If there was any exception or error displayed, please copy it and paste it here:

http://pastebin.com/ZPNyqEAT

http://pastebin.com/0rswwbbr

I'm at a loss. If I'm missing any information please let me know, and I'd gladly find it!
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Re: Crashing when opening and adding to queue

Post by Ritsuka »

Can you try to move the Queue.hbqueue file you can find in <yourhomefolder>/Library/Application Supports/HandBrake for example to the Desktop? And then open HandBrake. If it works, it would be useful if you could send me this file.
mr_ripley
New User

Post by mr_ripley »

I'm having the exact same problem. Can you share any solutions?

Handbrake version 1.0.3. Running Mac OS 10.7.5

Activity log: An internal error has occurred. You can choose to continue in an unstable state, or crash. NSInvalidArgumentException
Reason: NSConcreteAttributeString initWithString:: nil value
User Info: (null)

No other apps running at the time

I attempted your recommendation of moving the Queue.hbqueue file to my desktop without any remedy.
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Post by Ritsuka »

Please send me the queue file just to be sure.