Destination file name behavior change from 0.10.5 to 1.0.x

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Pooch

Destination file name behavior change from 0.10.5 to 1.0.x

Post by Pooch »

My workflow: Using the GUI, I generally transcode multiple titles from a given DVD. As a general rule I'd like the destination file names for each of the titles to be similar (e.g., from title to title, the only thing that may change in the destination file name is the title number: "dvd_name__custom_output_file_name__t01.m4v", "dvd_name__custom_output_file_name__t04.m4v", "dvd_name__custom_output_file_name__t06.m4v", etc.)

In 0.10.5 I would select the initial title to be transcoded, specify the destination file name and other settings, add it to the queue, then select another title, change a few characters in the destination file name, add it to the queue, and so on.

In 1.0.x, the act of selecting a different title overwrites any existing destination file name with the title of the DVD. So I either have to remember to copy the destination file name before selecting a new title, then paste it and change it, or I have to retype the whole thing. Either way it's more work on my part.

I prefer the behavior in 0.10.x; is there any way to configure 1.0.x to behave the way?

I've had a look at the preferences for automatically naming output files and that's of no help in my case. I thought perhaps selecting "Automatically name output files" but leaving the "Format" area empty would leave the existing output file name intact when switching titles but instead it does exactly what you'd think it does: sets the output file name to ".m4v"

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 with HB 0.10.5 and HB 1.0.2

Thanks very much for any insight ...
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Re: Destination file name behavior change from 0.10.5 to 1.0.x

Post by Ritsuka »

Yes, it's a regression, I didn't know it was meant to have that behaviour. I will try to fix soon.
Pooch

Post by Pooch »

thank you for this. and for handbrake in general. it is very much appreciated!
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Post by Ritsuka »

Should be fixed tomorrow in the next nightly build.