I THINK I've selected two audio tracks but only get one after encoding

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
TimmyBYD

I THINK I've selected two audio tracks but only get one after encoding

Post by TimmyBYD »

I've been successfully ripping DVD and BluRay discs with MakeMKV and converting *.MKV files to MP4 through Handbrake on my Windows PC for at least a year. I appreciate the volunteer team that maintains and enhances Handbrake for those of us not so technically inclined.

Yesterday I was prompted to upgrade to Handbrake 1.0.2 and did so on my Windows 10 PC.

Last night I attempted to convert an MKV file through Handbrake with the video result coming out just fine but where I normally get TWO audio tracks, #1 a stereo AAC mixdown and #2 an AAC surround, I only got the AAC mixdown.

The link to a log for a test I did today is at:

http://pastebin.com/xTU4MCgH

Might there be an audio setting option that I failed to set properly?

Thank you for any guidance you can provide.
Tim
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: I THINK I've selected two audio tracks but only get one after encoding

Post by s55 »

[14:00:56] Passthru requested and input codec is not the same as output codec for track 2, dropping track
The second audio track was dropped because you selected an invalid passthru option. Your source only has DTS-HD / DTS tracks so if you want AAC, you have to use an AAC encoder, not AAC passthru.
TimmyBYD

Post by TimmyBYD »

Thank you so much, s55. I don't think I've ever noticed the audio pass through options in previous Handbrake versions.
jnetty99

Post by jnetty99 »

I was using previous version of Handbrake and selecting AC3-Passthru for DTS for secondary audio track.

Now with latest version getting same thing as above "dropping track".

Its DTS-ES, what should I pick in handbreak just "auto"?
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Not all codecs are allowed for "auto passthru", but it is the best option in your case.

Hopefully your DTS-ES is treated the same as either DTS or DTSHD