Stops encoding after 00.01% - compressed video only 1 sec long

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
rdhtzl

Stops encoding after 00.01% - compressed video only 1 sec long

Post by rdhtzl »

Please detail your question or problem in as much detail as possible:

I created a video of a teaching demonstration using a GoPro Hero 5 Black. The demonstration was approximately 50 minutes long. When I transferred the video to my laptop, the GoPro cut the video into 2 shorter videos of approximately the same length and size, approximately 3GB each. I've been able to watch the playback of both of these videos on my laptop without any problems.

I use Handbrake to compress the size of these videos because I have to post them on a website for review. I was able to compress the second video with no problem at all.

My problem: For some reason, the first video stops encoding at about 00.01%, and the resulting compressed video is only about 1 second long.

I'm following the same procedure for this first video as I did for the second video, which compressed without any problems.

I've done this in the past with other videos without any problems. I can't figure out why I'm having this problem.

I'm not very tech proficient. If you have any suggestions, please provide specific step-by-step instructions.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Tell us about your environment. What version of HandBrake? What version of Windows are you running. etc.

Handbrake Version 1.0.2 (2017012200) - 64 bit (I just update it today)
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393

If there was any exception or error displayed, please copy it and paste it here:

There was no exception or error displayed.

Please include the scan or encode log:

Pastebin Link: http://pastebin.com/TueB6VdF