Missing Preview Picture of Cropping

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Motim

Missing Preview Picture of Cropping

Post by Motim »

Hello,
Recently updated HandBrake from version 0.10.5 to 1.0.1, the update uninstalled previous installation and installed the newer.
In the previous version, when Right-clicking in the 'picture' tab, near the cropping, there was a picture, and could see and adjust the cropping.
In the new installation this function is missing, in 'automatic' or 'custom'. Is it a bug in the program, or have to make some settings ?
My OS is windows 10 pro.
Finally, where do I find the answer when its answered.
Answers will be appreciated.
Thanks
Motim

Please detail your question or problem in as much detail as possible:

Tell us about your environment. What version of HandBrake? What version of Windows are you running. etc.

If there was any exception or error displayed, please copy it and paste it here:

Please include the scan or encode log:

Code: Select all

Paste a log of the scan or encode between these code brackets, or use a pastebin website and provide us with the URL it gives you. 
 Logs are required for all support requests.
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Missing Preview Picture of Cropping

Post by s55 »

See the Toolbar for the Picture Preview feature.
Motim

Post by Motim »

Hello,
Thanks for the answer, this is not what I used in the previous installation, when I had a video clip with black margins at the sides, I right-clicked in the picture tab, there was a picture of the cropped video, now I have to go up and click on the 'preview' to see the picture.
And there is another thing I noticed: The final (cropped) video (file size) is larger then the original file (20 MB --> 36 MB).
Again Thanks for the answer.
Motim
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Activity Log is required for support requests. See Must Read: How To Get Questions Answered on These Forums for details
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

The button moved from the picture tab, to the toolbar and the UI was overhauled. Both live update static and video preview are available on the window. So functionality wise, it's not changed.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

s55 wrote:The button moved from the picture tab, to the toolbar and the UI was overhauled. Both live update static and video preview are available on the window. So functionality wise, it's not changed.
Is not the same. In the previous version, when you select custom crop and hit 'preview' you can see the changes made to the cropped video in real time.
Now I have to move slide bar in the preview to watch changes in the cropped video