Ipod classic Help

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Blok

Ipod classic Help

Post by Blok »

Well I just got myself an 80G Ipod classic yesterday and started converting my first movie (Bourne Identity) with the windows version of handbreak.
once it had finished i placed it in Itunes and played it to see if it worked...it did but when i transfered it to my ipod it said:
The Bourne Identity could not be transfered to this Ipod because it cannot be played on this ipod.

I am using the settings descirbed in the DVD to Ipod manual on this site and was being encoded at 1000 bitrate.

Is there anyway to fix this?
baggss

Post by baggss »

Blok

Post by Blok »

will this work on the windws version of handbreak??
baggss

Post by baggss »

The settings should be the same either way.
nps

Post by nps »

I use a MacBook Pro and have the same problem and despite following the instructions for HandBrake, it just does not work... :evil:
hawkman
Veteran User

Post by hawkman »

If you have problems like this, you must post all your settings. There is absolutely zero chance of your problem getting solved without a complete rundown of how you're setting up HB.

And no, saying "I followed some instructions I found" is not good enough. Literally 99.99% of the time an iPod/ATV/etc compatibility problem is because of incorrect settings.

Sorry for the lack of patience, but every day people in here expect us to read their minds. If you want help, you have to give us the resources to help you.
baggss

Post by baggss »

nps wrote:I use a MacBook Pro and have the same problem and despite following the instructions for HandBrake, it just does not work... :evil:
I can guarantee you that the settings I linked to above will work every time. I use them on every movie I rip and have yet to have one fail unless I change something to settings that were above what that page tells you. You can change the setting down (bitrate, video size, 2 pass etc) and it will work fine.
nps

Ah...

Post by nps »

Thanks folks. It turns out the settings were correct on the Hi Res iPod pre set but I had to download Handbrake again before it would work...
nps

Post by nps »

Having got HandBrake to work now by re downloading it and using the iPod Hi-Rez setting, the files will only upload to an iPod Classic and not to my iPod Movie 5th Gen... Any ideas why not? Thanks.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Make sure you have gone through this sticky. I can almost guarantee you that it is going to be a setting that is not compatible with the 5th gen iPod.

(make sure you have the latest firmware on your 5 gen iPod)

http://handbrake.m0k.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3075
RChesak

Post by RChesak »

baggss- "I can guarantee you that the settings I linked to above will work every time. I use them on every movie I rip and have yet to have one fail unless I change something to settings that were above what that page tells you. You can change the setting down (bitrate, video size, 2 pass etc) and it will work fine."

That link- the pictures of what the program looks like is nothing like what mine looks like. I downloaded HandBrake 0.9.0 Windows GUI 2.40, and I could email you a screen capture picture of what mine looks like. But because the display on that site and the one I have are set up so differently, I am lost and don't know what to do. Please help!
baggss

Post by baggss »

The GUI may look different, but the settings should work no matter what version of 0.9.0 you are using. Not being a windows user, I can't really help you much, but I suspect sr55 can.
RChesak

Post by RChesak »

What is the best way to contact sr55? I need a guide to using HandBrake 0.9.0 Windows GUI 2.40, if you know of one.
RChesak

Post by RChesak »

On that website (http://www.phoppe.com/HB/movie/movie.html) it talks about how long it takes depending on what kind of computer you have. Does anyone have any suggestions to speed up the process? My computer takes about six hours for one DVD :evil: