High Profile, but no chapter marks

Discussion of the HandBrake command line interface (CLI)
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
DrXenos
Bright Spark User

High Profile, but no chapter marks

Post by DrXenos »

Is there a way to specify "high profile," but turn off chapter marks. The High Profile includes them by default (-m), but there is no option to then turn them off (that I can see). I was hoping there was a way to do without having to replace --preset "High Profile" with all the options it represents, minus "-m".

Would --markers="" work, or maybe using an "empty" chapters file?

Thanks,
DrX
Deleted User 11865

Re: High Profile, but no chapter marks

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

It's arguably a bug. Feel free to ping me about it in a few days or so.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

Um, there is a "--no-markers" option. HandBrakeCLI --help shows it right below the -m option. Does this not work?
Deleted User 11865

Heh, that will teach me to not look at help and assume the user is correct :)
Deleted User 11865

I mean it's still technically a bug in 0.10.5, but there won't be a bugfix 0.10.x release now that we're focusing on 1.0, and it's already fixed in master.
DrXenos
Bright Spark User

Post by DrXenos »

JohnAStebbins wrote:Um, there is a "--no-markers" option. HandBrakeCLI --help shows it right below the -m option. Does this not work?
Thank you!! It's not in the CLIGuide, and I didn't think to use --help. I will do so next time.

Regards,
DX
DrXenos
Bright Spark User

Post by DrXenos »

Rodeo wrote:I mean it's still technically a bug in 0.10.5, but there won't be a bugfix 0.10.x release now that we're focusing on 1.0, and it's already fixed in master.
Hi, Rodeo. What are you say is a bug? Is "-m" being removed from the High Profile?

Thanks.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

DrXenos wrote:
Rodeo wrote:I mean it's still technically a bug in 0.10.5, but there won't be a bugfix 0.10.x release now that we're focusing on 1.0, and it's already fixed in master.
Hi, Rodeo. What are you say is a bug? Is "-m" being removed from the High Profile?
The 0.10.5 release doesn't have the --no-markers option. It got added to the nightly builds when we reworked how presets work in the CLI.
DrXenos
Bright Spark User

Post by DrXenos »

OK, gotcha. Thanks a lot, guys.