Burning PGS subs smaller size

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
thr0nic

Burning PGS subs smaller size

Post by thr0nic »

Please detail your question or problem in as much detail as possible:
I'm copying my Blu-ray discs in MakeMKV. Then I use Handbrake to compact them smaller into MP4 files and got all the settings down for different types of movies now. But I'm struggling with the size of PGS subs. Is there any way to burn them smaller? Any size settings anywhere? I've tried OCR before to convert to SRT but it was a massive failure for my language.

Tell us about your environment. What version of HandBrake? What version of Windows are you running. etc.
0.10.5, Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10586.494
StPatty33

Re: Burning PGS subs smaller size

Post by StPatty33 »

If you use .mkv instead of .mp4, you can pass the PGS subs through, then run the sub file through a couple different programs to change the size of it if you want. Probably not the answer you're looking for, but thought I'd throw it out there. Here's some detailing of how to do so, and adjust the size of the subs:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=34870&sid=4f0b167b ... 4f#p163205
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Burning PGS subs smaller size

Post by Woodstock »

If you use the nightly build, the burned-in version of the subtitles should be resized to match the video. The release version does NOT scale them.