Stuck compiling 0.10.5 on OpenSuse

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Bob9

Stuck compiling 0.10.5 on OpenSuse

Post by Bob9 »

Please detail your question or problem in as much detail as possible:
Only 0.10.2 is available pre-compiled for OpenSuse, so I went to compile it myself.
I was able to download the source from https://handbrake.fr/rotation.php?file= ... .5.tar.bz2
and followed instructions for compilation https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/CompileOnLinux

Code: Select all

./configure --launch
went smooth, after I installed gcc and make.

make install
did produce some errors very early into the process (see below).

Tell us about your environment. What version of HandBrake? What version of Linux / Unix are you running. etc.
I am running OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64 on an intel CPU based computer.

If there was any exception or error displayed, please copy it and paste it here:

/usr/bin/cp ./HandBrakeCLI /usr/local/bin/HandBrakeCLI
/usr/bin/cp: der Aufruf von stat für „./HandBrakeCLI“ ist nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
../test/module.rules:32: recipe for target 'test.install' failed
make: *** [test.install] Error 1
Please include the scan or encode log:
Do you need more actiity log then the message above? It is *all* the output I got from make.
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Stuck compiling 0.10.5 on OpenSuse

Post by mduell »

The entire output of make install will probably be needed for jstebbins to help you.
mod16
Experienced

Re: Stuck compiling 0.10.5 on OpenSuse

Post by mod16 »

Did you run 'make install' as root (sudo)?
Does the 'HandBrakeCLI' binary actually exist in the build dir (after the build is complete)?
Did you completely remove the build dir before running configure again (after installing gcc and make)?