x265 version 1.8

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

Lazyncoder
Novice

x265 version 1.8

Post by Lazyncoder »

Please describe what you would like to see added to HandBrake:
bumping to x265 version 1.8 :D
just wanted to report the new version

Why would you like to see this added:
big changes

What version of HandBrake are you currently running:

What operating system and version and you currently running (e.g. OSX 10.11, Windows 7, Ubuntu 14):
cda02101982

Re: x265 version 1.8

Post by cda02101982 »

Dear friend,

kindly make possible handbrake to run on windows 7 with .Net framework of 4.5 or below. because many operating system not supporting .Net framework of 4.6 which is currently needed by nightly build-ed version of handbrake. handbrake version HandBrake-f9c5593_x86_64-Win_GUI.exe needed .Net framework of 4.6, which is not possible to run on Win 7 32 bit OS. hope you consider this request.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

cda02101982 wrote:Dear friend,

kindly make possible handbrake to run on windows 7 with .Net framework of 4.5 or below. because many operating system not supporting .Net framework of 4.6 which is currently needed by nightly build-ed version of handbrake. handbrake version HandBrake-f9c5593_x86_64-Win_GUI.exe needed .Net framework of 4.6, which is not possible to run on Win 7 32 bit OS. hope you consider this request.
WTF does this have to do with x265 version 1.8? Open your own request thread!
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

Lazyncoder wrote:Please describe what you would like to see added to HandBrake:
bumping to x265 version 1.8 :D
just wanted to report the new version

Why would you like to see this added:
big changes

What version of HandBrake are you currently running:

What operating system and version and you currently running (e.g. OSX 10.11, Windows 7, Ubuntu 14):
We are well aware of version bumps in libraries that HandBrake uses. We update as time permits *if* there are changes to the library that are significant to HandBrake. In the case of x265, there are bug fixes and improvements that are of interest.

Also, their source release appears to be fubar. It is not posted to the link they provide in "Release tarballs" on https://bitbucket.org/multicoreware/x265/wiki/Home

There is a x268_1.8.tar.gz posted under the "downloads" link on that page, but the md5 does not match what they give on that page and the top directory within that tar does not match their regular release practice of using the release name e.g. x264_1.8.

So until they get their [Censored] together, this is on hold.
BradleyS

Post by BradleyS »

Good catch.
Lazyncoder
Novice

Post by Lazyncoder »

JohnAStebbins wrote: We are well aware of version bumps in libraries that HandBrake uses. We update as time permits *if* there are changes to the library that are significant to HandBrake. In the case of x265, there are bug fixes and improvements that are of interest.

Also, their source release appears to be fubar. It is not posted to the link they provide in "Release tarballs" on https://bitbucket.org/multicoreware/x265/wiki/Home

There is a x268_1.8.tar.gz posted under the "downloads" link on that page, but the md5 does not match what they give on that page and the top directory within that tar does not match their regular release practice of using the release name e.g. x264_1.8.

So until they get their [Censored] together, this is on hold.
Thank you so much.

x265_1.8.tar.gz just uploaded here. Checked the MD5 and it's match the one they provided here

hope this helps.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

Dude, you need to relax. I already told you we are on top of these things. Give it a rest already!
Lazyncoder
Novice

Post by Lazyncoder »

JohnAStebbins wrote:Dude, you need to relax. I already told you we are on top of these things. Give it a rest already!
just trying to help... :‌-)
nhyone
Bright Spark User

Post by nhyone »

x265 1.8 is used in the nightly, but will it be "backported" to 0.10.2?

On RHEL 6.7, I was able to replace the bundled 1.5 with 1.8 as-is (remove the patch files in contrib/x265 and edit module.defs to point to the 1.8 URL). It compiled and seemed to work fine. I was trying my luck. :D
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Nope. .x releases are for bug fixes only.
fgvhjnftj

Post by fgvhjnftj »

JohnAStebbins wrote:Dude, you need to relax. I already told you we are on top of these things. Give it a rest already!
Man, get a rest already! You are [Censored] unfriendly!

As a new Handbrake user I came here to participate. But no, not after I have seen some of your responses. All the best to you.
BradleyS

Post by BradleyS »

fgvhjnftj wrote:Man, get a rest already! You are [Censored] unfriendly!

As a new Handbrake user I came here to participate. But no, not after I have seen some of your responses. All the best to you.
It's a little disconcerting that you created a forum account just to reply to a comment on an old thread not even directed at you. That said, you're welcome to participate if you desire. Most of us try to be friendly most of the time. Lead by example, perhaps?

This thread has run its course. Locking for now.