Override Audio and Subtitle Languages

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

WhosAsking

Override Audio and Subtitle Languages

Post by WhosAsking »

Please describe what you would like to see added to HandBrake:
The option to override listed languages in the Audio and Subtitle tabs.

Why would you like to see this added:
Some sources like Matroska do not carry over the languages used in their tracks (even when labeled), leaving them Undetermined and impossible to change in the encode. Other sources may have Undetermined or incorrectly-labeled languages that may need identification or correction.

What version of HandBrake are you currently running:
svn7331

What operating system and version and you currently running (e.g. OSX 10.11, Windows 7, Ubuntu 14):
Windows 7 64-bit
WhosAsking

Re: Override Audio and Subtitle Languages

Post by WhosAsking »

I note that current snapshots do correctly label Matroska audio and subs, but other times these identifications may be missing and Undefined, meaning this could still be useful.
Scandragon
New User

Re: Override Audio and Subtitle Languages

Post by Scandragon »

I know this request is almost a year old, but I second it.
I registered to reply here, as this feature is badly needed.

I have many files and DVDs where all audio tracks are simply listed as unknown.. I convert my files for use in my media center, and having unknown audio tracks is...... undesirable and ugly. And no disrespect to the people making DVDs (I used to design DVD menus and put all the files together, including audio tracks), not setting the track language of either sound or subtitles is unprofessional.

That is why this feature would make Handbrake so much better..
Sure, there are other programs that can fix this.. But that's another process you need to go through.