How to schedule queue to run at a certain time?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
ivanatpr

How to schedule queue to run at a certain time?

Post by ivanatpr »

Since the ability to generate batch scripts is now gone, is there any way to schedule the queue to run at a certain time (presumably via a scheduled task)?
rcrh

Re: How to schedule queue to run at a certain time?

Post by rcrh »

I know this is two years old but I can't find an answer & I have the exact same question. Encoding a bdrip pretty much ties up my computer for six to eight hours so I'd really rather do it at night.

Is there really no way to set up a queue and get it to start at a scheduled time?
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Within Handbrake, I do not see one.

I've resorted to hanging on to an old version of the handbrake GUI that CAN generate batch files, and tweaking the output. I'll use the new version for interactive stuff, but, since everything is ripped to MKV files before handbrake sees it, there is no need to be at the computer at any particular time, except to start the job. Some of my encode sessions go for days...
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

You can always use the cli in a batch file then use windows scheduler to run at night.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Schedule the CLI to run at the time you want with the settings you want.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

I think the issue is the fact that the newer GUI won't generate a batch file from the queue... which is darn convenient.

If I had lots of time on my hands, I'd consider writing a program to read the queue file and generate the appropriate CLI command... but, I've been warned that the queue format is too much in flux for that to work for more than a nightly or two.