[Fixed] 0.10.0 Cannot convert using imported presets

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

joshiasdk

[Fixed] 0.10.0 Cannot convert using imported presets

Post by joshiasdk »

I'm trying to convert a batch of videos. Since I have two computers, I want to split the job between the two. One is running Windows 8, the other one is OSX 10.10. I created and tested a few profiles on the Windows machine and queued some files. It worked well. I then exported those profiles, and imported them into my Mac. This is where the problem begins.

If I just select the files, set all the parameters manually, it goes well. But, if I choose any of the profiles imported from the Windows version of Handbrake (same version, 0.10.0), I can't proceed any further. After clicking on the profiles, I cannot queue or even start any conversion, even when I change any of the settings (like, the CRF, bitrate, etc.). When I try to add a batch of files to the queue by clicking on "File" > "Add All Titles to Queue", the confirmation dialog shows up, but clicking any of the buttons (continue or cancel) didn't give me anything (i.e. the dialog won't even close when I click on cancel).

The application itself does not crash, it's just all of the controls no longer work after choosing any of imported profiles.
thanar

Re: 0.10.0 Cannot convert using imported presets

Post by thanar »

Does this happen even if you try to encode JUST ONE source file? In any case, open the Activity Window (CMD-SHIFT-D on the Mac) and paste information here for the devs.
thanar

Post by thanar »

Does this happen even if you try to encode JUST ONE source file? In any case, open the Activity Window (CMD-SHIFT-D on the Mac) and paste information here for the devs.
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Post by Ritsuka »

Try a nightly, if it still happens upload the preset and post the link here.
joshiasdk

Post by joshiasdk »

thanar wrote:Does this happen even if you try to encode JUST ONE source file? In any case, open the Activity Window (CMD-SHIFT-D on the Mac) and paste information here for the devs.
Yes it is. I can't add anything in stable version, but I can add a file in the latest nightly (i.e. not a batch of files).

Logfile

Code: Select all

http://pastebin.com/Qtwj8kDn
Exported Preset PLIST File

Code: Select all

http://pastebin.com/yQc2KQ7w
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Post by Ritsuka »

Fixed in https://trac.handbrake.fr/changeset/6886 . Try the next nightly build tomorrow.