How to preset for my needs

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
jgobeil

How to preset for my needs

Post by jgobeil »

I have a large collection of movies that I want to convert. Most contain multiple audio tracks and subtitles. Is there a way to preset HB so that it converts using the same video parameters, transfers all audio tracks and subtitles using the same format (ie AC3, DTS and VobSub stay AC3, DTS and VobSub).
Also, which would be best to ensure maximum compatibility: MP4 or MKV ?
Thanks for your help
Jules
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Re: How to preset for my needs

Post by Smithcraft »

You could most likely do something like this with scripting tools and the CLI version of Handbrake.

Almost everything to you want to include is not compatible with the MP4 container, yet most devices do not support the MKV container. If you are just using software playback, then I would suggest the MKV container. If you are using hardware devices, then you will most likely be restricted to the limitations of the MP4 container.

SC
jgobeil

Post by jgobeil »

Thanks for your reply. MKV is compatible with the devices I use: WDTV and Android. I'll try play with the scripting tools. If it is too complicated for me, I'll do it manually for each conversion.
AlBundy
Bright Spark User

Post by AlBundy »

Maybe have a look at my script: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26163

Al