Source

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
hink

Source

Post by hink »

When I rip a standard DVD handbrake finds the source fine. But when I try to rip bluray disc in It says No Valid Source Found.
moneymatt4life
Veteran User

Re: Source

Post by moneymatt4life »

what are you using to decrypt the dvd? does that program also support bd as well?
otherwise, prerip to disk with something like MakeMKV (BD decryption is free while in beta)...
hink

Post by hink »

thx for the fast replay I was using the regular handbrake I downloaded fro the site. I will download MakeMKV they should combine handbrake and MakeMKV together I'm sure I'm not the only person.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

"They"? Who would this "they' be? These are 2 distinct projects. MakeMKV is commercial while HandBrake is OSS. Since MakeMKV is commercial, it would be completely inappropriate (not to mention illegal) for HandBrake to supply this on our download page.

Yes, it is a common issue. That's why the very first section in the HandBrake user guide makes it explicit what HandBrake is and what HandBrake is not. Short answer, HandBrake is not a ripper. https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/IsIsnt
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Post by Smithcraft »

Where has that link been hiding?

That will be very useful in the future!

SC