How To Request Support for HandBrake

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
cvk_b
Veteran User

How To Request Support for HandBrake

Post by cvk_b »

When you post to one of HandBrake's 4 Support Forums you are making the following statement:
you wrote: Hi,

I would like you to stop working on HandBrake and help me. I checked the FAQ but soon realized I needed to read the documentation. I learned a lot but I'm still having trouble. I searched this forum for previous posts. I searched the trac. I even used Google's HandBrake domain search. I've totally come up empty so I am providing a verbose activity log in code brackets. If you would just offer a little help I promise to use a helpful subject line, type complete sentences, and follow the forum rules.

Thanks
If you can read that quote aloud honestly, then follow these...

INSTRUCTIONS FOR REQUESTING SUPPORT
===================================
  1. Post in the correct forum with a clear subject line
  2. Provide the activity log - Please use a pastebin website and post the URL it provides..
    • All logs are saved to disk. See the documentation for more details: Activity Window
    • If there is a significant amount of repeated log lines, you can cut these out and simply add a line "Repeated many times ..." so it's clear where you removed the lines from.
  3. Please do not email or PM people for support. Posts should be public for the benefit of everyone.
  4. Also note that we do not support old versions of HandBrake. Only the current version and nightly builds on the download page.
Last edited by s55 on Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:28 pm, edited 44 times in total.