Automatic Cropping

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

vintvolt

Automatic Cropping

Post by vintvolt »

Hi all, first of all thanks for the great software,
On most occasions I need to preserve the letterbox/pillarbox in my conversions. This is very tedious because Automatic Cropping is default, I have to switch to Custom and set all the values to 0. To make things worse I must do this with the tiny down arrows, I cannot simply write 0. Please make a preference, by default leave input dimensions untouched or use Auto Crop.
Thanks
JackNF
Enlightened

Re: Automatic Cropping

Post by JackNF »

If you create a custom preset with the cropping values all set to zero they will stay at zero when loading new files when using that preset, at least that's how it works in the Windows GUI, can't comment on the Mac or Linux versions but I assume they'd be the same. Also in the Windows GUI the cropping values are shown in text boxes which you CAN simply click in and type numbers directly into without fiddling with those little arrows.
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

It's also possible to directly enter values into the picture settings window under OS X, at least in the current nightly build/release candidates.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

TedJ wrote:It's also possible to directly enter values into the picture settings window under OS X, at least in the current nightly build/release candidates.
For the width/height yes, but it doesn't work for me for cropping.
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Post by Ritsuka »

The cropping field are now editable directly in rev 6490.