Anyone willing to help me make a script

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
bluc

Anyone willing to help me make a script

Post by bluc »

Hello I am newbie to handbrake and scripting. Anyone able to help me create a script to automate transcoding. I want the following

1 Auto save converted files to destination folder already have all metadata etc and don't want to have to rebuild it all.
2 save the English forced subs(as separate file or burn them in have not decided yet want max, player, playback compatibility)
3 Name the output file the same as my movie folder name. File naming as follows d:/movies/The Hulk/video_ts/ I want the output file name to match the bit in red
4 I want quality to be max don't want to lose quality when comparing to dvd 9 format and want them as mkv files.

I want to be able to convert all file types in the folder mostly dvd folder rips but some dvr-ms and some wmv/avi and have them all uniform format. help appreciated cheers
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Re: Anyone willing to help me make a script

Post by Smithcraft »

bluc wrote: 4 I want quality to be max don't want to lose quality when comparing to dvd 9 format and want them as mkv files
MakeMKV.

SC
bluc

Post by bluc »

So I should be using makemkv? Can it be automated via a script?
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Post by Smithcraft »

I believe it can, but that would be best determined at the MakeMKV forum.

SC