Where is the advanced control panel in nighty?

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
ilovemymac

Where is the advanced control panel in nighty?

Post by ilovemymac »

I just upgraded or i thought upgraded to the newest nightly. Its really slow for 1. Took me to clean up some old cartoons i have 8 hours per half hour show when with the last nightly handbrake took 20-25 min on average.
Then i can't find all my settings because the advanced control panel is gone. It lets me check a check mark to use it but then i dont see where it is. Its just video, audio. subtitles, and chapter the advanced tab is gone.

Any help?
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Re: Where is the advanced control panel in nighty?

Post by Ritsuka »

You can use the panel on the video tab, or re enable the advanced panel from the preferences.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

ilovemymac wrote:I just upgraded or i thought upgraded to the newest nightly. Its really slow for 1. Took me to clean up some old cartoons i have 8 hours per half hour show when with the last nightly handbrake took 20-25 min on average.

Forum rules
Activity Log is required for support requests. See Must Read: How To Get Questions Answered on These Forums for details

Forum rules
Activity Log is required for support requests. See Must Read: How To Get Questions Answered on These Forums for details

Forum rules

In this case, we'd need logs from both your pre- and post- upgrade encodes to tell you what changes you made in your encoding settings.
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Post by Smithcraft »

Go to the Video tab and right under Optimize Video: is a check box to "Use Advanced Tab instead." If you select it, you can then click on the advanced tab and do the things you wanna do.

SC
Vietwoojagig

Post by Vietwoojagig »

I see two possibilities:

Option 1:
If "Show Advanced Encoder Options Tab" is not selected in the Advanced Preferences, then don't show the "Use Advanced Options Panel"-checkbox in the Video Tab.

Option 2:
Show the Advanced tab if you either select the "Show Advanced Encoder Options Tab" in the Advanced Preferences, OR you select the "Use Advanced Options Panel" of the Video Tab.

It does not really make sense to check "Use Advanced Options Panel" in the Video Tab, if you not instantly have access to it.