High FPS input results in encode progress ending at 50%

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

vid.user

High FPS input results in encode progress ending at 50%

Post by vid.user »

Tried with both the GUI and CLI (Windows 8.1) (svn6376). If you have a high FPS input, 59.94 for example, the encode progress ends at half that expected, 50%, or near too it.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Re: High FPS input results in encode progress ending at 50%

Post by JohnAStebbins »

I think I'll just ignore this till an activity log shows up...
vid.user

Post by vid.user »

OK fine, nothing in the log that will tell you it exited at 50%, also it's 100% reproducible with any high FPS input.
I was telling you for your programs' benefit, not mine, I care not.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

there couldn't possibly be other information in the log that would help track this down ...
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

Until there is enough information to do *anything* with this report, I wll do nothing. So if you can't produce helpful information, it will just have to wait till the problem directly affect me or someone else more willing to be helpful shows up having this problem.
vid.user

Post by vid.user »

s55 wrote:there couldn't possibly be other information in the log that would help track this down ...
I agree, 100%.
JohnAStebbins wrote:Until there is enough information to do *anything* with this report
There is, it's your stubbornness that is preventing you. I didn't supply a log because I don't want help or support, I'm just give you some feedback on something I observed.
JohnAStebbins wrote:So if you can't produce helpful information
I did, it's called post #1.
JohnAStebbins wrote:it will just have to wait till the problem directly affect me or someone else more willing to be helpful shows up having this problem.
Yes I agree, well when they do at least you'll have a 'heads-up'.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

vid.user wrote:
JohnAStebbins wrote:Until there is enough information to do *anything* with this report
There is, it's your stubbornness that is preventing you. I didn't supply a log because I don't want help or support, I'm just give you some feedback on something I observed.
Would you like to make a suggestion about what I can do with the paltry inforamtion you have provided? I know for a fact that "high FPS" input works just fine. I encode it all the time. So there *is* some other factor for which you have provided *no* information that causes this problem. The information provided doesn't tell us anything about the problem or how to reproduce it.

And with that, I vow to never read another one of your posts because you are unnecessarily frustrating. Perhaps someone else can help you with whatever suggestion you care to make next. Goodbye and have a nice life.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

vid.user your sarcasm detection failed you. I wasn't being literal. There are infact numerous bits of useful information.

We don't ask for the logs for fun. It does actually provide useful information. Seemingly unrelated information is often the key to a problem.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

vid.user wrote:Tried with both the GUI and CLI (Windows 8.1) (svn6376). If you have a high FPS input, 59.94 for example, the encode progress ends at half that expected, 50%, or near too it.
That is incorrect :P

It should read *some* high fps input - all my HFR test sources work just fine (progress report is accurate). So there is most likely something specific about your source(s) that's triggering the issue…
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Encoded high FPS material, encoded ended at 100%, full video length, normal playback speed.

Norepro, bug invalid.