reset prefs

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

daaceking
Novice

reset prefs

Post by daaceking »

hi,

i was initially using beta .96 - .98 and occasionally used newer nightlies. the prefs between each version didn't change much. then one day i did a clean install of the os and when i grabbed the last nightly i used on the old os, the default settings had changed quite a bit to what i thought were default.

so i think it would be suitable to have a reset prefs button, which could be used when updating etc.

thanks,
vid.user

Re: reset prefs

Post by vid.user »

You mean like a 'reset preferences to that of a version a year or more ago' ?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

I'm not really sure what the benefit is. Simply choose the preferences that make the most sense for you. The defaults are not necessarily better.

There is however a hidden *debug* option that the Nightly builds have. If you launch the GUI from the command line with --reset it'll reset HandBrake back to defaults.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

s55 wrote:There is however a hidden *debug* option that the Nightly builds have. If you launch the GUI from the command line with --reset it'll reset HandBrake back to defaults.
Which would be applicable to Windows, presumably ;)

daaceking: always a good idea to mention our platform, even for feature requests…
daaceking
Novice

Post by daaceking »

@ s55 - most of the time, i don't know what's better, so for the majority of settings, i think default would be best for me. a button under settings would be appreciated.

@ rodeo - my bad, win 7 :)
WARRZONE

Post by WARRZONE »

Incoming... HandBrake Lite, with no user configurable settings. Simply click on your device, and your videos will be magically converted in to great looking video that plays on your device. Lol. I bet if they charged for this, people would buy it. There is so much crap software out there.