Can't get burned in subtitles for foreign audio on BR

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
jpmoriarty

Can't get burned in subtitles for foreign audio on BR

Post by jpmoriarty »

Hello, I've been trying to rip my copy of Toy Story 3 blu ray and handbrake has done a fantastic job. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the english subtitles for when Buzz is in "Spanish mode" to burn onto the MKV rip (chapter 26, et al). I downloaded the HandBrake nightly, and have tried the foreign audio search burned in, but i get no subtitles.

I also checked by burning in the first subtitle track (english PGS) which did burn in successfully, but it was permanent subtitles, not just the subtitles for when Buzz was speaking spanish.

Log file is at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5E5Z5 ... sp=sharing

Any suggestions or tips?! Many thanks in advance,

John
TedJ
Veteran User

Re: Can't get burned in subtitles for foreign audio on BR

Post by TedJ »

Your log doesn't appear to have included any subtitles. Perhaps you could try generating a log using foreign audio search on the entire title, not just chapter 26... feel free to cancel the encode after the subtitle scan pass is completed.
jpmoriarty

Post by jpmoriarty »

TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

OK, in the logs you've just supplied you've selected a different title (125 vs. 134) which doesn't appear to contain any subtitle streams, which would explain why foreign audio search isn't working.