Nightly Build 6207 Bugs, Issues, and Comments

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

fervid

Nightly Build 6207 Bugs, Issues, and Comments

Post by fervid »

Bugs/Issues:
1. I don't see a download for it yet, but it looks like the tooltip bug may be fixed in 6208- Lots are/were showing up with "System.Windows.Control.TextBlock" instead of the actual text.
2. Use Advanced Tab Instead checkbox doesn't appear to be saving. If I close HandBrake and Reopen it is checked, but the Advanced Tab is off- I have to uncheck and recheck for it to enable.
3. Audio Tab Sources don't appear to be consistent. Sometimes it auto populates with audio from the source, sometimes it is empty, sometimes it populates more than one, and sometimes it is empty and when I click once to add it will add two.
4. New QSV option doesn't appear to be working. Intel video is enabled and the drivers are the latest, but I actually use my nVidia as the main video adapter. I was hoping to take advantage of it, but all it does is never move the percentage and fills up RAM until windows issues me a warning and I have to Kill HandBrake. Perhaps it doesn't work with my specific setup...any plans for CUDA or other things the nVidia can do?

Comments:
1. New Source Selection is great...I'm not sure what is wrong with the one in the stable build that appears to be just a menu, but it would take 3-5 clicks sometimes for it to register that I clicked a source in it.
2. I miss the Large File Option that created a 64bit mp4. I actually used it sometimes and it worked with all my players (Windows wouldn't support it to add titles and such to meta tags, but it played fine). Is that something that could work dynamically like it being mostly in the header or something that is different? Perhaps as it is writing the stream and detects it is over the 4GB limit it writes a 64bit header, or is it throughout the whole stream and needs to be defined from the start?
3. Having the Preview button on WinGUI finally is great. Not many previews though. Any way to make it have more previews, previews by time/frame, or more previews for the first and last 3-5min (Usually I just need to check what the title is or make sure I don't pick a wrong language)
4. Usually I end up doing it on my own at 25%, 50%, and 75% marks just using Windows Explorer...especially when trying to make sure I don't need 64bit mp4, but it would be cool for it to try to estimate a final video size in the statusbar so we know to abort a 1hr+ encode to change options.
5. If no filename is picked in Destination there is no indication where the temp previews and such are saved (New to the Forums and this may be discussed somewhere, but it could use something there to show where it is saving).
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Nightly Build 6207 Bugs, Issues, and Comments

Post by s55 »

1. Be patient :)
2. It's not a "general" setting. It gets saved as part of the presets and only if your actually using the advanced box.
3. Never seen this happen, and not seen any other reports of issues.
4. The QSV option shouldn't be showing if it's not available. Not heard any reports of it doing that so there may be some kind of bad driver interaction going on. There isn't much in the way on Nvidia cards at the moment worth implementing. NVEnc isn't good enough. CUDA isn't really suited to video encoding (hence why Nvidia stopped using it in favour of NVEnc) and OpenCL doesn't appear to be a first class citizen in the green camp.

2. Large Filesize support is now automatic.
3. It's still highly experimental. It'll be hidden again for the 1.0 release then re-enabled after as I don't think I have time to fix and get it up to standard. (Its hidden on a r-click menu incase you wonder when it disappears again).
4. Non-issue now. The new mp4 muxer transitions to 64bit automatically. Estimating CQ encodes is not trivial because we don't know enough about the content to make a educated guess as to what the encoder will do.
5. Windows temp folder.
fervid

Post by fervid »

Thanks for the reply. I figured the 64bit stuff could work that way...sounds like it was already there and I didn't realize it. I'm still confused on the Advanced tab check though. That it is checked is saved and I have options in the Advanced tab that are saved, but when I first start Handbrake it is checked and the tab shows the prompt saying to go check the Advanced option that is already checked. I saved it all as a custom template in the list that is set to default. It is like it saves all settings, but the Advanced Tab itself doesn't know it is enabled on initial startup. I have to uncheck it then check it again.
fervid

Post by fervid »

Looks like the Anamorphic option is behaving like the Advanced check too. Both appear to be missing initialization on next start of the application when they are set in a saved preset that is picked to be Default. I've tested this in the latest 6210 build too and it still happens. When Anamorphic is set to None it still allows you to see and set the Modulus when using the app and saving the preset. When the app is closed and restarted though and it loads that user preset that was set as default the Modulus is not visible though. When you click another option and then back to None the option is there though. Same as what was happening with the Advanced check where it was checked when the app restarted, but the Advanced tab behaved like it wasn't checked until it was unchecked and checked again.