MediaInfo: Delay relative to video: 1mn 5s

Archive of historical bug reports.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

mod16
Experienced

MediaInfo: Delay relative to video: 1mn 5s

Post by mod16 »

Hey guys,

I noticed that mediainfo always gives me this "strange" value under "Delay relative to video" for my encoded AC3 track on MKVs created by Handbrake (since using avformat/lavf it seems). The audio itself seems to be fine though. There is no such delay reported if I use pass-through for an existing AC3-track.

I also noticed, that before (prior using avformat as default - it seems) the reported delay in MediaInfo always was "-5ms".

Is this something to worry about in any way?

I'm using the latest Nightlies under Linux/Ubuntu 13.10. If you like, I can provide more info - but I just wanted to ask if this is worth the effort after all.
Deleted User 11865

Re: MediaInfo: Delay relative to video: 1mn 5s

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Did you notice any A/V desync during playback, or is it just the MediaInfo report?
mod16
Experienced

Re: MediaInfo: Delay relative to video: 1mn 5s

Post by mod16 »

Rodeo wrote:Did you notice any A/V desync during playback, or is it just the MediaInfo report?
Sometimes I think it's a little bit off - but that could also be related to the source material. It was just the reason I was checking the files at all.

By no means it's delayed by "1mn 5s" like MediaInfo is reporting. I was just wondering why this value is lately consistently reported all over my files when Handbrake has to transcode the audio track. Even DVB recordings with (MP2->)AAC audio get this exact "delay".

I'm using MediaInfoLib - v0.7.64 on OS X and Linux - both report the same value.

Older files created with the stable 0.9.9 release on the other hand show "-5ms" for "Delay relative to video" (again, only when Handbrake had to transcode the audio track).