Help please with output file names

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
cw-kid

Help please with output file names

Post by cw-kid »

Hello

I am wanting to re-encode my TV Show DVD rips that are currently in VIDEO_TS folders in to individual episode .mkv files.

I have it working OK but need some help with the output file names, I currently have to manually change them.

This screen shot shows how Handbrake is naming the file:

The source folder of the DVD rip was: \\Server\TV\DVD\Steptoe and Son\Season 1\VIDEO_TS
The destination folder for the MKV file was: \\Server\TV\VIDEOS\Steptoe and Son\Season 1\filename.mkv

These are the default settings, the file is being name with {source}-{title} so it ends up being name season1-2.mkv

This is how I would like the file to be named

Other than manually renaming each file, is there anything I can do in the settings to aid the naming of TV Show episodes?

Many thanks
Last edited by cw-kid on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
GregiBoy
Veteran User

Re: Help please with output file names

Post by GregiBoy »

Nope.... But don't forget that the title shown may not agree with the episode anyway.

It depends on the authoring.

I always use BulkRenamer after the fact and it works well for me.
cw-kid

Re: Help please with output file names

Post by cw-kid »

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I was planning to use a program called TheRenamer to bulk rename the video files according to the metadata on TheTVDB.com so they can be imported in to XBMC.
However TheRenamer program requires enough information in the original file name to be able to rename them correctly.

For example the file coming out of Handbrake would need to be named: Steptoe and Son - S01E01.mkv and then TheRenamer program would change this to be: Steptoe and Son - S01E01 - The Offer.mkv

If the file come out of Handbrake called Season1-2.mkv as in the screen shots TheRenamer program will not know what it is or what to do with it.

I realise that the title number is not the same as the episode number and I have to match them up some how.

Thanks