advanced option for pass1 and pass2

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
zorglou

advanced option for pass1 and pass2

Post by zorglou »

hello, i want make 2 pass encode with Advanced Option String, but how can i selection option for pass1 and other option for pass 2 for exemple
first pass:
x264.exe --pass 1 --level 4.1 --stats .stats --bitrate %bitrate --no-mbtree --keyint 24 --min-keyint 2 --threads auto --bframes 3 --me dia --ref 1 --subme 3 --direct auto --sar 1:1 --b-pyramid strict --partitions none --no-dct-decimate --output NUL BDR.avs

Second pass:
x264.exe --pass 2 --level 4.1 --stats .stats --bitrate %bitrate --no-mbtree --keyint 24 --min-keyint 2 --threads auto --bframes 3 --me umh --ref 4 --subme 7 --direct auto --sar 1:1 --b-pyramid strict --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8 --8x8dct --vbv-bufsize 30000 --vbv-maxrate 38000 --weightb --mixed-refs --mvrange 511 --aud --trellis 1 --analyse all --output BDR.mkv BDR.avs

Should i have to run the script two time or can i write all the option in one time ?
Thanks
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Re: advanced option for pass1 and pass2

Post by JohnAStebbins »

What you are asking for is very nearly what "turbo first pass" does. Set the options to what you want based on what you would do for the 2nd pass and enable "turbo first pass". It is not recommended to use different settings for each pass with the exception of those settings that are affected by "turbo first pass".
zorglou

Re: advanced option for pass1 and pass2

Post by zorglou »

thank you