Naming Subtitles?

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
llelundberg

Naming Subtitles?

Post by llelundberg »

Hi,

I have been playing with HandBrakeCLI.exe to make my own default-rip-process for my childrens collections of DVDs (mostly Dreamworks movies).

I would like to have as many audio tracks and subtitle tracks as possible. I have noticed that you can name your audio tracks using the --aname option and it works very well. But I have not found a way to name the subtitles? I would like to distinguish different versions of english subtitles, e.g. Directors Comments subtitles. Today all of them is simply calles "English" when I try them in VLC.

Does neither the MP4 container or the MKV container allow you to name subtitles? Or is it just a Handbrake limitation?
Deleted User 11865

Re: Naming Subtitles?

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

It's a HandBrake limitation. It's on my TO-DO list, but no idea when I'll get around to implementing it.
GregiBoy
Veteran User

Post by GregiBoy »

In the meantime, to edit the names in MKV, use MKVToolnix.
llelundberg

Post by llelundberg »

Rodeo: Thank you for your reply, I am looking forward to have this option sometime in the future. I was searching for the "donate" button to make a symbolic donation, but I could not find it?

GregiBoy: Thank you for your tip, but I am currently using the MP4 container. Do you know any similar tool for that?
GregiBoy
Veteran User

Post by GregiBoy »

Unfortunately not. I do not and will not use the MP4 container.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

llelundberg wrote:Rodeo: Thank you for your reply, I am looking forward to have this option sometime in the future. I was searching for the "donate" button to make a symbolic donation, but I could not find it?
We do not accept donations, only patches.
llelundberg wrote:GregiBoy: Thank you for your tip, but I am currently using the MP4 container. Do you know any similar tool for that?
Under OS X, Subler