Time range limitation and format

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
andrew2000
Novice

Time range limitation and format

Post by andrew2000 »

Hi. In svn5641 (i686) for Ubuntu 13.04 the "Seconds:" and the "Frames:" couples of fields that let the user set the range of the movie to be encoded don't allow to set an "End" value greater than the one detected by the program, either by keyboard or by clicking the arrow icons.

This is nice, but sometimes the total seconds/frames detection fails (I experienced that converting MPEG-2 movies from DVB-T sources) and the higher limit is actually lower than the real limit of the movie (for example: detected 5400s (1h30m), actual 7200 (2h)). So one isn't allowed to encode setting the higher limit - for example - to 6300s (1h45m).

Could you please provide a solution?

I also hope that the values will be enterable in the hh:mm:ss form, like in the Windows version, if it's not too complicated to code.

Thank you, have a good day.
Andrew

P.S.: I noticed that the tooltips for the two mentioned textfields are "Set the first chapter to encode" and "Set the last chapter to encode" even when "Seconds:" or "Frames:" is selected as time range.