HandBrake doesn't list DVD's Titles in pop-up menu

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
j.mcg

HandBrake doesn't list DVD's Titles in pop-up menu

Post by j.mcg »

I'm trying to rip a DVD with multiple titles (on a Windows Vista PC running DVD43) but the DVD Title pop-up menu in the Source section of the HandBrake main window lists only "Automatic" and a blank option below. Thus, I can encode the 1st episode of a 4-episode CD but nothing else. How can I get all the titles to show up so that I can encode all four episodes individually?

Thanks,

j.mcg
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Next time, Search first before posting and wasting someones time.
http://handbrake.m0k.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2401
j.mcg

Right-click where?

Post by j.mcg »

As a long time Mac user and new Windows user, per the instructions in your your link, can you tell me where I can find the Properties icon upon which I'm supposed to right-click?

Thanks,

j.mcg
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

> indicates the next step.

so as I said before:

1. Right click the Handbrake Icon
2. Select properties from the menu that appears.
3. there will be an option to give the program admin privileges. (you'll need to find it as I don't use vista myself.) I believe it's on the first tab that appears on your screen.
4. When selected, click apply then launch handbrake again.
j.mcg

Privilege Level checkbox

Post by j.mcg »

Scott:

Thanks . . . problem solved. The Privilege Level checkbox can be found at the bottom of the Compatibility tab in the Handbrake Properties dialogue box.

j.mcg