file conversion

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

zim831

file conversion

Post by zim831 »

I use handbrake primarily to convert dvds to my video iPod, so a file conversion tool to make video files downloaded from the internet (example: red versus blue, google video...) so if you guys could add that feature I would very much appreciate it.
raducoc

Post by raducoc »

Also I want to see a such feature. I have a lot of MPG files who I want to convert to MP4.
Konstantin Prinz

Re: file conversion

Post by Konstantin Prinz »

zim831 wrote:I use handbrake primarily to convert dvds to my video iPod, so a file conversion tool to make video files downloaded from the internet (example: red versus blue, google video...) so if you guys could add that feature I would very much appreciate it.
you do realize, this is a DVD to MPEG-4 converter? That's a heck of a project (think: CSS, ZeroCells) as it is. Converting anything else is out of the scope of this project if I may reiterate the mods. Try FFmpegX... (I know, shareware; bummer)
Lant
Novice

Post by Lant »

Try Mediacoder or google transcoders.
jokkel

Post by jokkel »

You can use ffmpegX for all kinds of video conversion, including mpeg -> XviD and mp4.
hawkman
Veteran User

Post by hawkman »

Visual Hub, too, but it costs money and the interface is... sub-par. Basically a gui for ffmpeg I believe, but at least it's a reasonably up-to-date copy of ffmpeg.