Hunger Games (which title?)

Random chit-chat and anything that doesn't belong elsewhere
bigpal

Hunger Games (which title?)

Post by bigpal »

So I've recently begun purchasing all blu-ray titles. Thus, I am now encoding all MKV sources. One thing I've noticed about terribly popular blu-rays, is they have many many titles which all appear to be the same. If you don't encode the right one, you'll get director commentaries, etc.

Has anyone:
1) Figured out which title is the proper title for Hunger Games?
2) Figured out how to spot the real title?

Hunger Games literally has at least 20-30 titles which are all 2hrs and 20 some minutes...
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Re: Hunger Games (which title?)

Post by Smithcraft »

I don't know about 1, but for 2 - The BDInfo DB at the AVS Forums.

It does not appear to have The Hunger Games yet. Maybe MakeMKV can determine the correct title...

SC
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Post by Smithcraft »

There is a thread about it over at the MakeMKV forums. Depending on which version you have, 76 might be the right playlist.

SC
bigpal

Post by bigpal »

The slysoft forum properly dictates that the playlist that is 02h:22m is the correct one to use. I missed the thread and determined this myself, knowing the movie was 142 minutes, and title/playlist 00017.MPLS was the only playlist at 02h22m...

Thanks
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Post by Smithcraft »

Apparently, there are at least two versions of Hunger Games out there.

SC
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

multi / bogus title discs often have several versions all using a different valid title .. even in the same region.

Wall E was one of the first to do this on dvd. Test it yourself with a player first. then use that title.
krag

Post by krag »

HandBrake will scan the first 11 of 18 titles then hang... I can't select a title since it doesn't complete scanning.

(latest HandBrake with Mac OS X 10.7.5)
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

You fail to mention whether you're encoding the DVD or Blu-ray release of this title, but the following thread might be of assistance.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15874
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

krag wrote:HandBrake will scan the first 11 of 18 titles then hang... I can't select a title since it doesn't complete scanning.

(latest HandBrake with Mac OS X 10.7.5)
Use open source title specific, you an tell hb to scan just a single title instead of the entire disk https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/SupportF ... ecificscan