[ERROR] Header missing skipping one byte

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
ChazUK

[ERROR] Header missing skipping one byte

Post by ChazUK »

Hi I'm having a problem with Handbrake on windows, whenever I go to encode a file, it opens up the cmd prompt and echos this error repeatedly [mp2 @ 0x922b30] Header missing skipping one byte.

Went on IRC but no one was around. I used DVD Decryptor to rip the files to my computer. And it is my own DVD I created a few years ago.
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

You're likely using MP2 audio. This is a known bug in the current beta release that is fixed in SVN and will appear in the next beta.

Rodney
ChazUK

Post by ChazUK »

Ok thanks alot. I'll keep an eye out for the next beta :)
Lant
Novice

Post by Lant »

Well this has been fixed so if you are adventurous enough you could download and compile handbrake.

http://handbrake.m0k.org/trac/ticket/51 - mp2 fixed ticket
sholling

Post by sholling »

Lant wrote:Well this has been fixed so if you are adventurous enough you could download and compile handbrake.

:? mmmmm

I've got the new version of Handbrake (GUI 2.25) and .NET v3 I still get this error, what gives :?:
awk
Enlightened

Post by awk »

sholling wrote:
Lant wrote:Well this has been fixed so if you are adventurous enough you could download and compile handbrake.

:? mmmmm

I've got the new version of Handbrake (GUI 2.25) and .NET v3 I still get this error, what gives :?:
The bug in question is in the 'core' Handbrake library and not the UI. I'm not a 'windows guy' but I believe the GUI 2.25 update is only a refresh of the UI parts of Handbrake on Windows and doesn't include an update to the core handbrake decode/encode parts. Hence the bug exists there - I think you'll need to wait for a 'full' windows update.
sholling

Post by sholling »

awk wrote:
The bug in question is in the 'core' Handbrake library and not the UI. I'm not a 'windows guy' but I believe the GUI 2.25 update is only a refresh of the UI parts of Handbrake on Windows and doesn't include an update to the core handbrake decode/encode parts. Hence the bug exists there - I think you'll need to wait for a 'full' windows update.
Thanks. Mention is made of a fix earlier in the thread. I see it is a txt file and gather that this fix will only be able to be implemented by someone with programming experience, and the necessary tools?
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

The fix has been in SVN for some time. We have not yet released a new public beta of the build, which is why you don't have the fix. If you want to compile your own build from SVN, you are welcome to.

Rodney
sholling

Post by sholling »

rhester wrote:The fix has been in SVN for some time. We have not yet released a new public beta of the build, which is why you don't have the fix. If you want to compile your own build from SVN, you are welcome to.

Rodney
Thanks Rodney. That's all greek to me :roll: so I guess I'll need to wait till the release before I can try again. Is there any anticipated release timeframe?
Chronic

Post by Chronic »

Hey i get this message too is there any news?

Ive also tryd using DVDfab and i jst get errors with that too (it stops 1/4 everytime)

Ive tryd reading the .txt but its gibberish to me...

i just saw that txt file is 4 months ago.....thats doesnt fillme with onfidence...