Audio track and Combing suggestions

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

aussie79

Audio track and Combing suggestions

Post by aussie79 »

1. As far as I can tell, if you want to rename an audio track to something useful (e.g. Stereo, Director's Commentary, Surround, etc, rather than English, English, English, etc) you have to use something like Subler after the encoding has been done - it would be great if we could take out the extra step and program and just do it all in HandBrake.

2. The documentation around presets says that Audio is not stored because of "see 1 above". I think somewhere along the way "1 above" was removed or replaced because I couldn't actually find a reason. Is there any reason Audio presets couldn't be stored?

3. Does having Decomb set to Default decrease quality? I notice that it doesn't seem to be included in any preset except High Profile - yet combing is present on almost all of my DVDs if I don't turn that filter on.
Deleted User 11865

Re: Audio track and Combing suggestions

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

aussie79 wrote:1. As far as I can tell, if you want to rename an audio track to something useful (e.g. Stereo, Director's Commentary, Surround, etc, rather than English, English, English, etc) you have to use something like Subler after the encoding has been done - it would be great if we could take out the extra step and program and just do it all in HandBrake.
This feature already exists but isn't exposed in all GUIs yet.
aussie79 wrote:2. The documentation around presets says that Audio is not stored because of "see 1 above". I think somewhere along the way "1 above" was removed or replaced because I couldn't actually find a reason. Is there any reason Audio presets couldn't be stored?
Audio languages aren't stored in presets. The audio settings (codec, mixdown, bitrate) are stored, however.
aussie79 wrote:3. Does having Decomb set to Default decrease quality? I notice that it doesn't seem to be included in any preset except High Profile - yet combing is present on almost all of my DVDs if I don't turn that filter on.
There's a small speed hit on progressive sources. If you don't mind it, it's safe to leave on for all sources.
aussie79

Post by aussie79 »

Thanks for the quick response Rodeo. Is Mac one of the GUI's audio track renaming isn't yet exposed in? Or am I completely dense and just not looking in the right spot?
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

IIRC it's available in the WinGUI nightly builds. I don't know whether it's in the LinGUI nightlies, but it's not available in any build of the MacGUI yet.
Greg Staten

Post by Greg Staten »

Out of curiosity, is this a feature that has been dropped? I've dug through the last few nightly builds and I can't find this feature. It certainly would be an extremely useful one to have!

Thanks,
-greg
Korban

Post by Korban »

i'm able to rename audio tracks in the Windows GUI, but it's not very intuitive. it'd be nice if i was able to do so from the audio tracks listing as opposed to having to click on the Advanced button. then i'd be able to actually see what each track is named right in the listing as opposed to having to guess.