Multiple Devices - One Encode

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
EScottH

Multiple Devices - One Encode

Post by EScottH »

Hola all! I have been trying to find an encode that will allow me to view my library across all my devices and I am having a heck of a time. I have searched the boards/web and can't seem to get it right.

Currently I host all my files hardwired to my network on a 3TB Seagate STAM3000100 GoFlex Home NSS through a 1 Gigabit switch. The following devices need to read the files encoded:

Original 60 GB CECHAxx PlayStation 3
X-Box 360 Elite
Sony Network Media Player SMP-N200 http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... r=S_Netbox
Sony Tablet S – 16GB - SGPT111US/S http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... 1666369301
16GB Original iPad

My source files are my library of Blu-Ray, HD-DVD and DVDs that I have initially stored as ISO images and then converted to MKV.

I guess what I need are the proper settings that will allow for 1080p, 2.1 audio and (if I am able) English subtitles. Encoding time and storage space are not an issue for me, but bandwidth COULD be...

Any suggestions or pointing towards guides would be greatly appreciated.

Scott
GregiBoy
Veteran User

Re: Multiple Devices - One Encode

Post by GregiBoy »

I don't think you will ever achieve your goal as your mix of devices is too diverse and have too many unique restrictions.
EScottH

Post by EScottH »

Do you think there may be a common denominator amongst the devices, perhaps at a lower resolution?
GregiBoy
Veteran User

Post by GregiBoy »

Maybe the iPig but I can assure you that you will be disappointed.