Add bit rate calculator?

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

Artiprinted

Add bit rate calculator?

Post by Artiprinted »

On the Video tab could you add a file size calculator?
Something that would be based off of the currently selected chapter and settings?
For some reason I can only play files under 4GB. I use windows XP home 32bit.
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Add bit rate calculator?

Post by mduell »

HB can't reliably detect the actual length of the video, which is one of the reasons the target file size was removed. A bitrate calculator without accurate video length detection is useless.

MP4s larger than 4GB need to have the "large file size" or "64-bit MP4" box checked.
Artiprinted

Post by Artiprinted »

I found VidCoder going to try it. It doesn't matter to me how accurate it is as long as the size is below 4gb. Maybe if you renamed it to some like maximum file size instead of target.
nightstrm
Veteran User

Post by nightstrm »

Artiprinted wrote:I found VidCoder going to try it. It doesn't matter to me how accurate it is as long as the size is below 4gb. Maybe if you renamed it to some like maximum file size instead of target.
I've done over a thousand encodes with handbrake and could probably count the ones that went over 4GB on two hands.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Again,
mduell wrote:MP4s larger than 4GB need to have the "large file size" or "64-bit MP4" box checked.
stevesien

Post by stevesien »

Ok oK no target size but I need to not go over a certain size, with many different sources. I do not know much about bit rates or anything related to video quality. SO how can I calculate max size? Remember some sources are 10 gb some are 4 .......
ty
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

stevesien wrote:Ok oK no target size but I need to not go over a certain size, with many different sources. I do not know much about bit rates or anything related to video quality. SO how can I calculate max size? Remember some sources are 10 gb some are 4 .......
ty
output size / time = output bitrate